Thursday, November 28, 2013
I'm fortunate this year that life has slowed down enough for me to give serious thought to what I'm thankful for:
- A house that's filled with laughter.
- At 38, I still have the same job I dreamed about since I was seven.
- An amazing wife who knows all too well that this dream job isn't always convenient, yet supports me nonetheless.
- Therapists and educators who are collaborating, cooperating, and doing everything they can to help my son lead as typical a life as possible.
- The excited cheers that greet me when I get home after a long day.
- The chance to live part of my life in a place as sublimely beautiful as the Pacific Northwest.
- Parents and a sister whose love and influence are always with me, even when they're not.
- Living in an incredible time when everything seems possible and old friends are only a click away.
- The opportunity and privilege to serve this great country of ours.